Donate Your Car

Support the cause to end breast cancer forever by donating your car. Donate your used car, van, truck, boat, or recreational vehicle to the Susan G. Komen Central & Eastern Virginia. Donate by calling our toll free number at 1-855-KOMEN-CARS (1-855-566-3622) or you can donate online 24 hours a day by using our fast and easy online donation process.

The proceeds from the sale of our donated vehicle will fund collaborative and innovative breast cancer education, screening, treatment, and support services locally and research on a national level. Seventy-five percent (75%) of the net proceeds will benefit Komen Central & Eastern Virginia. The remaining twenty-five (25%) will fund research at the national level.

We accept ALL vehicles regardless of age or condition!

Hours of Operation:

Monday – Thurs: 8 AM – 7 PM (EST)
Friday: 8 AM – 5 PM (EST)
Saturday: 9 AM – 4 PM (EST)
Sunday: Closed

Simple Steps to Donating Your Vehicle:

  • You must have a valid state issued title from motor vehicles issued in the name of the donor when calling or donating online
  • Contact us either by telephone or online to provide your car donation information
  • Our office will assign a local towing company for pickup – towing is free to our donors
  • Upon notification of pickup, we will send you an official donation receipt
  • All donated vehicles to Komen are sold at auction. Once sold, an IRS Form 1098c will be processed within 30 days of the sale. The IRS form 1098c is attached to the IRS form 8283 “Non Cash Charitable Contributions”.

Car donations made to Komen Central & Eastern Virginia are tax deductible. Consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique. The IRS allows donors to claim a minimum of $500. However, for vehicles with a gross sale price over $501, we will indicate the exact sale price of the donated car on the IRS form 1098c.

Benefits of Donating Your Car to Susan G. Komen

  • Free towing whether the vehicle is running or not
  • You can donate your automobile anywhere in the United States
  • Eliminate the hassle of repairing, advertising, and selling your car by letting our courteous, well trained staff handle all the details
  • Qualify for an IRS tax deduction
  • By donating, you are supporting the cause to end and eliminate breast cancer forever!

It is the donor’s responsibility to become familiar with the donation process prior to making a car donation. Please consult the “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations” found in IRS Publication 4303.

Komen Central & Eastern Virginia has partnered and entered into an agreement with, operated by the Melwood Charity Car Donation Center, a non-profit organization, to manage and operate their car donation program. Since 1963, Melwood has provied job training and employment to over 2,000 individuals with disabilities.